Dear Edmonds Family Medicine Patient,
By now, you may have heard the exciting news that Edmonds Family Medicine plans to become part of Virginia Mason. Virginia Mason is a nonprofi t health care provider based in Seattle for the past 97 years. Like Edmonds Family Medicine, Virginia Mason is focused on high quality and appropriate care, and is committed to improving care delivery and enhancing the patient experience.
You may have questions about how this will affect patients, so I want to share a few points that can help answer those questions:
- We have no plans to move and will remain at our current location that is both familiar and convenient for patients. There will be a name change in our future and, over the course of the year, we will begin using a new logo (right) on signage and correspondence.
- Virginia Mason plans to support the Edmonds Family Medicine physicians and team so we can continue to provide the same high quality care to our patients.
- Over time, Edmonds Family Medicine will transition from our current electronic medical record (EMR) to Cerner, Virginia Mason’s EMR. Cerner includes a patient portal called MyVirginiaMason.org. In the meantime, Edmonds Family Medicine patients will continue accessing their medical record through their current patient portal. Patients will be notified when it is time to transition to MyVirginiaMason.org.
- If specialty care is needed, Edmonds Family Medicine doctors will continue to work with each patient to determine where he or she should be referred based on patient factors, insurance network, the type of specialty care needed and patient preferences. Many Virginia Mason specialists have offi ce hours at Virginia Mason Lynnwood Medical Center (near Alderwood Mall). Specialty care is also available at Virginia Mason’s main campus in downtown Seattle and Virginia Mason University Village Medical Center.
- In emergency situations, getting care quickly is important. For your urgent medical needs, Edmonds Family Medicine will continue to provide Walk-In Clinic services Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Like Edmonds Family Medicine, Virginia Mason is included in most medical insurance plans in the Puget Sound area. To fi nd out about your plan, visit VirginiaMason.org/Insurance. Please bring any insurance concerns to our attention.
Thank you for your trust in Edmonds Family Medicine. We look forward to continuing to provide you and your family with the same high quality health care you have come to expect. If you have questions, please contact us at 425-775-9474.
Andrew Thurman, MD
Edmonds Family Medicine President