Edmonds Family Medicine is committed to the healthcare needs of our patients. We work diligently to evaluate Medicare options and develop policies that serve the best interests of our patients. After careful consideration, we have determined that we cannot accept new Medicare patients into our practice. In prior years as a courtesy to our patients, EFM, has occasionally allowed exceptions to this policy. Starting in January 2017 we will no longer make exceptions. Additional information regarding Medicare options, including what is covered under Medicare Parts A and B, can be found at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner or call 1-800-562-6900 or the local SHIBA at 425-290-1276.
We request that all established patients with Medicare sign up with a Medicare Advantage plan.
Edmonds Family Medicine is contracted with the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Regence MedAdvantage HMO and PPO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete HMO
- United Healthcare Group Med Advantage
Considerations to make when choosing the right Medicare plan for you:
- Will I be able to continue seeing my Edmonds Family Medicine primary care provider?
- Are my prescriptions covered by this plan?
- Is my pharmacy in this plan’s network?
- Will I be able to get the care that I want at a price I can afford?
- Are the benefits that are most important to me covered by this plan?
- Are your current specialists in the network?
Medicare will cover one “welcome to Medicare” preventative visit in addition to a yearly “wellness” visit. Please call our office with questions or concerns you may have. 425-775-9474
Coverage and premiums vary for these plans. For assistance in selecting the Medicare Advantage plan that best meets your needs please contact Vibrant USA. They can be reached at 1-866-733-5111 or www.vibrantusa.com. Vibrant USA does not charge a fee for their services.